Network Installation, Configuration, and Structured Cabling
Grand Rapids Tech is proficient in network installation and network cabling services covering all of West Michigan.
A network install is a requirement for all businesses and even some homes.
01 Network Design
We first design the layout of your network, install the wiring and cable runs to build the infrastructure, and manage it when we are done. Once the cabling is done you will need the hardware chosen, configured, installed and then managed. For a quick tip guide on building your IT network see “Building an IT Network in Grand Rapids, MI.”
- Cabling installation – wiring, design, wire runs
- Firewall sales, installation, and configuration
- Network switch sales, configuration
- Wireless access point sales, configuration
- Remote monitoring of all network equipment
- DVR/NVR & security camera sales, and configuration
Wireshark | Visio | Configuration
02 Low Voltage Wiring
Every commercial building and business requires low voltage cabling. We will run the cable for your network install, test all of the connections, label them and connect and manage your devices when we’re done.
- Cable runs, network rack installation, wall plate installation, termination via TIA B and NEC standards, labeling and testing are all standard procedure. If desired we can also certify the runs.
- CAT5e, CAT6, CAT6a, CAT7, CAT8, coaxial, speaker wire, hardwired surveillance, HDMI, VGA, and more.
- Fiber Optic cabling. Single mode, multi mode, armored, outdoor rated, and more. If you don’t know what you need, we will let you know.
- Thousands of miles and counting of low voltage structured cable ran, all up to NEC code for low voltage cabling.
cat5e | cat6 | cat6a | Speaker Wire | low voltage | fiber optic
03 Device Configuration
Not only can we help with the wiring portion of your network installation but we can provide you with quality networking equipment, configure it, manage it and monitor your network for malware like viruses or potential security and hardware issues.
- Putty configuration of networking devices
- Web based configuration
- Setup for remote managed networking devices
- Ubiquiti Unifi, Cisco Meraki, Sophos, Fortinet, and more
- Fully Managed Cloud Devices
- Unified Threat Management (UTM) and other firewalls
- Firewall based Antivirus
- Network Switches
- Wireless Access Points
Unifi | Putty | Cisco | Meraki | Fortinet | Firewalls
04 Wireless Networks
Whether you need a wireless network for you office, between two buildings, or to connect an entire campus or apartment complex, we can help you.
- Access point configuration
- Access point installation
- Power over ethernet cable runs, termination, patching and more
- Air Hive and most other brands
- Point to point wireless devices
- Point to multi point wireless installations
Wifi | Meraki | Ubiquiti | Air Hive
05 Virtual MPLS Network
- Secure VPNs
- MPLS networks
- VLAN configuration
- Virtual wireless networks
VPN | VLAN | Virtual Wireless Network | Secured VPN
Our clients will say it, but you should find out for yourself…
Located in Comstock Park – just North of Grand Rapids, MI.