IT Systems Administrator III
A typical day could include working on IT projects at the office, hardening client, and company networks, or responding to tickets. Typically, these would be accomplished from our office, however, 25% of the time these might require onsite visits with our clients.
We are looking for a dedicated, hardworking, energetic, knowledgeable, and intelligent candidate to join our team with the following characteristics:
- Consistently work on improving their knowledge of IT hardware and software by research, labs, or technology related projects.
- Be a self-starter.
- Be organized.
- Have good people skills.
- Be a quick learner capable of heading new types of projects and supporting post implementation of IT projects.
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- 5+ years of IT experience through projects, labs, or employment.
- Well versed with Windows Server.
- Ubiquiti Networks hardware experience.
- Familiarity with OSX.
- Familiarity with Azure AD, AD sync and on-prem AD.
Required Physical Capabilities:
- Lift up to 75 lbs.
- Use of power tools.
Experience & Requirements
- IT support: 5 years of work experience (Required)
- Microsoft Windows Server: 3 years (Required)
- Hypervisors (VMware, HyperV, etc): 2 years (Required)
- Reliably commute or planning to relocate to Greater Grand Rapids before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Technical Support: Providing technical support for users, including troubleshooting hardware and software issues, configuring systems, and installing software.
- System Administration: Managing and maintaining the organization’s IT infrastructure, including servers, networks, and storage systems.
- Security: Ensuring the security of the organization’s IT systems, including managing firewalls, implementing security policies and procedures, and monitoring for security threats.
- Data Backup and Recovery: Managing and maintaining data backup and recovery systems, including scheduling backups, testing backups, and restoring data in the event of a disaster.
- Performance Tuning: Identifying and resolving performance issues with IT systems, including optimizing system configurations and tuning applications.
- Project Management: Managing IT projects, including planning, scheduling, and coordinating activities with stakeholders.
- Training and Mentoring: Providing training and mentoring to junior IT staff and end-users.
- Documentation: Documenting IT systems and procedures, including creating and maintaining technical documentation, policies, and procedures.
- Strategic Planning: Participating in the development of IT strategies and plans, including assessing the organization’s IT needs, identifying opportunities for improvement, and recommending solutions to management.
- Starting at $22-28/hour depending on experience.
- Overtime paid at time and a half.
- Substantial raises based on performance evaluations every 6 months.
- Annual bonuses after 6 months.
- Paid Holidays and 40 hours of PTO after 6 months.
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% match after 6 months.
- Limitless potential for growth within this smaller, yet rapidly expanding company.
Monday to Friday.
Afterhours and weekend work occasionally required.