IT Help Desk Technician II
Grand Rapids Tech is a Grand Rapids, Michigan based business technology services company founded in 2010. We provide cloud and on-premise IT solutions, network security and infrastructure, web development and premise-based security solutions to hundreds of small and medium sized businesses across Michigan. We have been rapidly growing over the past few years and have a fun, but professional workplace culture.
The typical day would be working on IT projects at the office, hardening client and company networks, or responding to tickets. Typically, these would be accomplished from our office, however, 25% of the time these might require onsite visits with our clients.
We are looking for an energetic, knowledgeable, and intelligent candidate to join our team with the following characteristics:
- Consistently work on improving their knowledge of IT hardware and software by research, labs, or technology related projects.
- Be a self-starter.
- Be organized.
- Have good people skills.
- Be a quick learner capable of heading new types of projects and supporting post implementation of IT projects.
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Required Physical Capabilities:
- Lift up to 75 lbs.
- Use of power tools.
- 3+ years of IT experience through projects, labs, or employment.
- Be well versed with Windows Server 2012+.
- Ubiquiti Networks hardware experience.
- Familiarity with OSX.
- Familiarity with Azure AD, AD sync and on-prem AD.
Experience & Requirements
- IT support: 2 years (Required)
- Microsoft Windows Server: 1 year (Required)
- Reliably commute or planning to relocate to Grand Rapids, MI before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Tier 1 and 2 support tickets.
- Onsite and remote support.
- Updating and configuring company and client cloud and local software and hardware for network security purposes.
- Engineering, implementing, and supporting virtualized on-prem and Azure servers.
- Administering M365 and Google Workspace environments.
- Configuring and maintaining company and client Backup and Disaster Recovery (BDR) solutions.
- Starting at $20 – $24/hour depending on experience
- Overtime paid at time and a half
- Performance reviews and raises every 6 months
- Annual bonuses after 6 months
- Limitless potential with a highly rated, quickly growing Michigan-based tech company
- 7 paid Holidays
- SIMPLE IRA with 3% match
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Critical Illness