Hey there! Want to work with us? Awesome! We’re always looking to add talented folks to our rapidly growing team. Check out the jobs listed below and click Apply Now. Make sure to include your resume!
Don’t see a job that fits what you are looking for? Send us your resume anyway! We might be able to find a spot for you or might be hiring for that position shortly.
Who we are
Grand Rapids Tech is the trusted business technology partner for a variety of industries across Michigan. We deliver virtual and physical IT, Marketing and Security solutions to small-to-medium sized businesses (SMBs) to enhance their efficiency, exposure and security.
Our office is located at 3728 West River Dr NE in Comstock Park– just north of Grand Rapids, MI. The Grand Rapids Tech team enjoys a fast-paced, professional, inclusive and fun environment.
Who are we hiring?
IT Help Desk Technician II
Typical DayThe typical day would be working on IT projects at the office, hardening client and company networks, or responding to tickets. Typically, these would be accomplished from our office, however, 25% of the time these might require onsite visits with our clients.
Ideal CandidateWe are looking for an energetic, knowledgeable, and intelligent candidate to join our team with the following characteristics:
- Consistently work on improving their knowledge of IT hardware and software by research, labs, or technology related projects.
- Be a self-starter.
- Be organized.
- Have good people skills.
- Be a quick learner capable of heading new types of projects and supporting post implementation of IT projects.
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Required Physical Capabilities:
- Lift up to 75 lbs.
- Use of power tools.
- 3+ years of IT experience through projects, labs, or employment.
- Be well versed with Windows Server 2012+.
- Ubiquiti Networks hardware experience.
- Familiarity with OSX.
- Familiarity with Azure AD, AD sync and on-prem AD.
Experience & Requirements
- IT support: 2 years (Required)
- Microsoft Windows Server: 1 year (Required)
- Reliably commute or planning to relocate to Grand Rapids, MI before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Tier 1 and 2 support tickets.
- Onsite and remote support.
- Updating and configuring company and client cloud and local software and hardware for network security purposes.
- Engineering, implementing, and supporting virtualized on-prem and Azure servers.
- Administering M365 and Google Workspace environments.
- Configuring and maintaining company and client Backup and Disaster Recovery (BDR) solutions.
- Starting at $18-24/hour depending on experience.
- Overtime paid at time and a half.
- Raises based on performance evaluations after 6 months.
- Annual bonuses after 6 months.
- 5 Paid Holidays and 5 Days of PTO after 6 months.
- Limitless potential for growth within this smaller, yet rapidly expanding company.
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Network & Security Install Technician
- Network, security camera, and access control system installation and configuration
- Installation of ethernet, coaxial and fiberoptic cabling
- Diagnose and repair security systems and networks
- Record keeping and daily explanation of time and materials
- Managing and organizing new and existing network infrastructure
- Driving to and from job sites
- Reading and interpreting floor plans and prints
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Attention to detail
- 1 plus year(s) experience as a network installation technician, low voltage installer, security camera technician or relevant position (required)
- Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies
- Hands-on experience with common software and hardware
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record (required)
- Ability to lift over 75 lbs
- Ability to use power tools and ladders
- Starting at $18 – $24/hour depending on experience
- Overtime paid at time and a half
- Performance and reviews and raises every 6 months
- Annual bonus after 6 months
- 5 Days of Holiday Pay and PTO after 6 months
- Limitless potential with a highly rated, quickly growing Michigan-based tech company